Poll: Is Outsourcing services a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! The best idea
25.00%
2 25.00%
Good idea
25.00%
2 25.00%
Maybe good
37.50%
3 37.50%
Not a good idea
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Outsourcing of Thromde Services
Thimphu Thromde hereby intends to outsource the following services to the private sector:
  1. Annual Maintenance of potholes.
  2. Maintenance of water supply services.
  3. Maintenance of sewer network.
  4. Maintenance of street lighting.
  5. Maintenance of drains and footpaths.
  6. City beautification  Works (Parks and gardens including street landscapes)
  7. Sewerage tanker services.
  8. Street Sweeping and drain cleanings
  9. Annual Schools Maintenance Works including furniture
  10. Operation and Maintenance of Water Treatment Plants  and Sewerage Treatment Plants

What are your views on this?
I may be worng but If you are outsourcing all the work then what is the need to have Thimphu Thromde?
If I may ask. What will the role of thromde be if all services are outsourced? Thromde has always claimed that  standard services cannot be provided due to ack of budget. How would outsourcing be helpful? Also if the outsourced services are not within the bar minimum. What do public do? Who do the public complain to ? Like in the case of garbage  collection outsourcing to greener way. Sometimes they fail to collect garbage. When we complain to thromde they say complain to greener way. The service has been outsourced. And when called greener way they didn’t answer the phone call. Happened several times. In such situation what do public do? Throw the garbage in the streets ? I hope this forum is not just for the public and we ll get some answers from the thromde officials too.
The forest lady there never reply to any queries. What is the use, better outsource the whole Thromdue Office lock stock and barrel.
What will happen to all the staff of Thromde if all these services are outsourced? Just look back, how many years did it take for the Thromde to come to this level. I have doubts if any private parties will be in a position to do it better. Instead Thromde should be forward looking carrying out its vision, mission and goals steadfastly and not look for ways to shun its responsibility. Our P-P experience has nit been too good either.